Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Recipe Trial Tueaday: Smoothie King's {Angel Food}



Hey guys!

I can't believe it's already been a week! This summer is going by so fast and that's not good! :)


I know Recipe Trial Tuesday is usually me trying out new recipes and letting you know how I liked them. I've actually had this recipe for a while and I make it all the time! It's easy, nutritious, and yummy!

Somewhere, I came across Smoothie King's Angel Food recipe. This smoothie is my FAVORITE! My husband and I used to grab a couple while we were out to hold us over until the next meal or to satisfy a sweet tooth! But it was adding up and I figured I could make the same exact thing for CHEAP if I was willing to put in a little research! It was definitely worth it. I love that I know exactly what's going into my food and I can add my favorite natural protein powder!

I thought you'd really enjoy it so I wanted to let you know about it! :)

{I've had this recipe for a WHILE. I'm not sure where I've found it, but I eventually memorized it. If this is your recipe, please e-mail me and I'll give you credit! :)


Here's what you'll need:

1/2 cup strawberries
1 medium banana
2 tablespoons instant milk
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar {Sugar in the Raw}
protein powder
1 1/2 cup ice
1-2 drops vanilla


That's it! Pretty simple, huh?


Just add your strawberries. I like to cut my up a little but you don't have to!



Then your banana!


Now, add your sugar and instant milk.




I also add a quality natural protein powder. I usually make this smoothie for breakfast so that protein powder is especially important!



I like to go ahead and blend all the ingredients first!


The last thing I do is add my ice and vanilla!



And you're done!!
 

I hope you enjoyed!

What's your favorite smoothie? Do you use smoothies as your "go-to" breakfast item?




 



4 comments:

  1. I realize that this post is almost year old now, but I just found it and I love the recipe! Smoothie King is SO expensive that this is a big money saver! I did double the recipe and use regular liquid milk (fat free, though) instead of instant and it still came out yummy. Thank you! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just tried your recipe! Tastes just like smoothie king! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I can't wait to make it! Just found out our Smoothie King is moving! I'm so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Remake! I work at Smoothie King. And this is pretty close to the real deal.

    ReplyDelete