Thursday, July 19, 2012

How to Make Your Own Air Freshener

I can't believe it's already Thursday! This summer is flying by so fast!

Today I want to share with you how to make your own air freshener!

Air fresheners aren't cheap at the store and who knows what kinda junk we're spraying into our house when we use it. That freaks me out a little.

I love doing this because it's cheap, it's chemical free, and I can make the scent all my own.


{Here's what you need}
Distilled Water
Essential Oil {your favorite scent}
spray bottle



I put about 3 cups of water in my bottle.

 I like my air freshener strong so I usually add between 30-40 drops of the oil into the bottle.

My favorite right now is Jasmine :)


The NOW Essential Oils are my favortie brand. I get mine at GNC. I've also found them at a few different health stores.


 After you add your oils, just give it a good shake and you're ready to go!

I even stuck a handy dandy label on mine. Ooooh :)



Thats it! I usually give the bottle a good shake or two before I use it just to make sure the oil is distributed throughout the water!


Do you make your own air freshener?
What's your favorite scent?

Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed!

I'm linking to these parties!!




1 comment:

  1. These are some really interesting tips... it's cool and very nice informative issues. Just thinking of that essential oil, where can I buy that oil? Thanks for taking the time to discuss that.

    ReplyDelete